Google
 

Monday, June 23, 2008

Gas Experiment Update

I realized I never actually said what my mileage had been before the experiment. I was getting 20-21 MPG. My tank is a little over 15 gallons so roughly 300 miles on a tank of gas. (I think... not really in a math mood today :)

Anyway, at this point I have driven about 70 miles and my needle has moved a little over 1/16th of a tank. I know this is not a really accurate way to measure anything, but I think it is much better than I normally do. At this rate I may not be able to use all the gas in one week!! I only have two more days of work this week, so we will have to see.

If you are interested in this Hypermiling.com is a good website to check out.

I tried using cruise control today (supposedly saves gas because it accelerates much slower) the only problem with it is going downhill it will put the brakes on. This will take away from your gas mileage so if you use cruise be sure to tap the brakes anytime it tries to slow you down.

I have a feeling the biggest helper is slowing down on the interstate. I just watch all those people fly by me and think... "Wow, they must be rich to be using all that gas!" LOL

No comments: