Google
 

Monday, July 7, 2008

Why I Love Stockpiling

I posted a while back about what stockpiling is, how to do it etc. I am really beginning to reap the benefits of it now.

Current items that I have stockpiled are meat (in the freezer of course), cereal, other breakfast items, snack foods, soap, toothpaste, toilet paper, paper towels, and DIAPERS!! (yea, diapers!)
We also have what will be for us a year's worth of shampoo and dish liquid. And I paid a grand total of $4.25 for it all (shampoo and soap) after coupons and rebates.

I cannot tell you how much easier this makes my day to day life. Yes, it saved me money because I paid less money for these items because they were all on sale. However, the thing that makes me want to keep on keepin' on... is the fact that when I run out of something I can simply open another pantry instead of having to run to the store.

The biggest thing I am saving here is time and money! Who can't use extra time and money?

Here is a quick recap on how I got started. I took a small amount of my grocery budget and began earmarking it for stockpiling. That way it was there if I needed it for groceries, but its hopeful main use was stockpiling. Then I watched sale ads. It is helpful to have a price list to know what a good price is, but a little research on the net will tell you too. When items went on sale, I would search on line for coupons and buy them when they were at low prices.

Soon, I had begun my stockpile! Although I spent a little more each week than usual at first, soon my grocery bill was going down because we had things like cereal and meat on hand already. When a new sale happened, I stocked up again. It sounds a lot harder than it is. I encourage you to research stockpiling (and you can ask me questions right here) to see if it is right for you!

No comments: