Google
 

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Wow, the First Nine Days of July were GREAT!

And now all of my extra money is gone. Um.... I kind of shopped my butt off. I don't know what I was thinking. Ate out twice, bought some dumbells, books for my daughter's trip, magazines for me, and on and on. I actually do have a little extra money because I don't have to pay for two weeks of daycare that I thought I would have to. I also still have my gas budget and my other daycare budget, so I am not OUT of money, just out of my extra money.

I thought this month would be really good because I got a check I had forgotten about and so I had some extra money on top of the extra I budgeted for. Well, I decided to get some new work clothes too and blew $100 on 4 tops. Yup, that is all I got, 4 freakin shirts.

I guess all I can do is promise myself to do better next month. It won't be as easy though. I don't get any more extra money until the end of August. Then I get my raise and some money for conferences I went to. I think I am going to split that evenly between my emergency savings and my credit card.

Hope you are all doing better than me!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Shelby T said...

I just stumbled on your blog while looking for advice on sunless tanners. Thanks for the advice...it totally worked. I am a single mom of two who is always broke. Although I am not a fan of my ex I often can't wait for the child support check to supplement my budget. I would probabbly do okay financially, but I am also a shopaholic. The kids are 2 and 4, so they do not require too much. But I can never resist the temptation to buy myself something because it always makes me feel better! Thanks for starting a blog. I have found lots of good information, as well as some inspiration! I will keep an eye on this blog! Shelby T.

Jen said...

Thanks Shelby. I am glad the sunless tanner advice worked for you. I love that stuff. I have just recently been able to STOP depending on my child support each month and it is a GREAT feeling. I actually forgot about it last month and it was like extra cash. For anyone else wondering about the sunless tanner you can find it on my other blog: http://reviewfairy.blogspot.com

Shelby T said...

No problem. I would love to not depend on that check. Especially because my ex always asks what I spend it on (I never say) and gets mad when I tell him the kids need clothes. But, whatever, it's none of his business. I kind of like that he gets mad. Because he's such a jerk, I like spending his money on myself. Anyway, I just added up my debt and am making plans to pay it down smartly. You have some really great ideas. I have been looking at my everyday to see where I can save money. I even made my lunch for work yesterday for the first time ever. I am also taking the kids to the park tomorrow, and am looking at more things to do with them locally, like readings at the library. It's a start! Shelby T