Google
 

Sunday, March 25, 2007

So here begins my road to wealth

I used to think blogging was really stupid. But, I have found it to be great stress management. I am starting this blog to detail my journey out of debt and into wealth. Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it! I have just started reading Women and Money by Suze Orman. I have completed a lot of the steps. Some things I was already doing right, saving for retirement and for my kids' college funds. However, the book let me know I wasn't doing it 100% correctly. I am looking for some kind of forum where I can talk to other people that have read this book and are following the plan. I have a lot of questions that were not completely answered. Like, it said don't save for children's education until your IRA is fully funded, but I have already started so do I just stop? Also, it says to have an emergency savings account, but do I wait until I completely pay off my debt, because if I have an emergency I will have to add to my debt making it that much longer until I have savings and subsequently at greater risk for needing more emergency money again. UGGGHHHH why does this have to be so hard?

No comments: