Google
 

Sunday, May 25, 2008

My Grocery Challenge

Last year I attempted this silly little grocery challenge where I tried to save by buying store brands and clipping coupons. However I did no research into HOW to use the coupons etc. Now I have and I have some tips for you. Let me put it into numbers first.

Since 5/6/2008 I have purchased $318 worth of merchandise for $118. I don't know the exact percentage but I know it is over 50% and that is not even one month's worth of savings. I have gotten $200 worth of stuff FREE... do you hear me.... FREE!!!

Part of this is CVSing and the other part is because I have stopped doing the majority of my shopping at Walmart.

Anyway, in the past I have spent half of my grocery budget in the first week of the month. My budget is $300 so I usually pay $120-$150 each week in groceries.... yes, the math does not add up I consistently was over budget. This week I have a full week of menus planned out and so far my total spending is $35. My goal is to keep it under $50 from now on. With a $100 cushion for stockpiling when those type of items arise. I will keep you posted.

With the cost of gas this is really helping us out. I hope to post more about it soon. If you are interested in hearing more about this please post in the comment section. If no one is interested I won't bore you with all the details. BUt I do have some links to share on how to get started yourself.... if anyone is interested. Enjoy you Memorial day weekend!!!

You can check out some of my deals HERE. Pictures included in some posts.

No comments: