Google
 

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Grocery Update- A good week?

Well, this week's grand total $80 and some change. Not bad considering last week's total. Also, there were a few purchases that were NOT groceries but we needed like shampoo, etc. That should have really come out of my envelope budget but that hasn't really gotten off the ground yet. I bought a lot of store brand, in fact I bought everything store brand that I could. Next week I plan to add up all of the small savings from buying that way and see exactly how much it adds up to.

If nothing else, I am finding out this month that my budget is a little off. We just cannot feed our family on the amount that I usually budget. At the same time, I also realize that we spend way to much when we go as a family, without a plan, or when we are tired or hungry. It was really hard to get out of the house by myself this weekend, but I figure it saved us AT LEAST $50. So far here is an estimated rundown of what we have spent in my little experiment:

Trial Run- $50
First real week (but out of husband's budget not mine, with entire family)- $200
Second week ( by MYSELF) -$80

No comments: