Google
 

Sunday, August 30, 2009

It Just Doesn't Make Sense

I think I posted a few months ago about my budget being messed up. I did not have enough money to cover something and had no idea where the money went. It was just gone. I didn't spend it, not that I had recorded anyway. Well, I think I found it. But, again, it makes no sense. This month I have an extra $200 in my account. It makes NO sense. I have zeroed out my budget twice now. Well, this month I took that money and put it in savings. I am going to just hold on to it until the end of this month to see if something comes out of my account that I have forgotten about or something.

I really do a good job of tracking my spending, so this is all just really strange. The thing is the last time I said I thought it had something to do with daycare and the actual amount is exactly one week's worth of a daycare payment. So, either next week, two payments will come out at once or I just overbudgeted the month when I thought I was missing a payment. Who knows.... what I do know is right now I have exactly what I am supposed to have in my account. So if anything strange happens this month I will know for certain that aliens are taking or depositing money in my account. Yeah, I said aliens. :)

Anyway, in other news, I have stopped the snowball while replacing the money that went to clean our vents out and prescription meds. We still owe $306 to that account. So, we are not too far off. I think we should have the cash by the end of this month. I also just realized we will get our "extra" check in October. I always use that check to put an extra payment into that account as well as some of our others.

However, I have to call my insurance company tomorrow. I got a letter this weekend saying that one full day that I was in the hospital along with the day I was discharged was deemed "not medically necessary" because they did not turn in any physician logs or treatment sheets for those days. I don't know if it is just a matter of the hospital submitting extra paperwork or what, but obviously it was medically necessary or I wouldn't have been there!!! The hospital I use is actually really good about this kind of thing though. They will cut 60% of your bill if the insurance does not pay it. Of course they charged me $125 for a $10 pack of diapers once so, uh, yeah, I guess 60% isn't that great a deal after all, ha ha!

I am so glad to have had an emergency fund though. I was going to say I don't know what we would have done, but yeah I do. We would have been putting all of this on a credit card. I am SO glad we didn't have to do that!!

No comments: